September 21-23, 2012 ~ Camp Saginaw ~ Oxford, PA
Fall Fling! is a participatory, weekend music retreat held at a summer camp resort, in a country setting for musicians, story tellers, singers, dancers, folk historians, crafters, and friends & families of all ages and all skill levels!
Can you imagine a crisp fall day in a sylvan setting where the most difficult questions you have to face are, "Do I go to a workshop featuring classic folk songs of the 60's, pull out a T-shirt and create a tie-dye worthy of the memory of Jerry Garcia, wander over to a cabin for some informal jamming, get out a racket and smack the tennis ball around, or simply collapse in a lounge chair and let the sounds of hundreds of people having fun wash over me?" These are just a few of the activities that can occur at the Fall Fling! The event includes:
- Meals all weekend - From dinner on Friday night to Sunday evening dinner, prepared by the Camp's Chef and staff.
- Workshops - A full schedule of participant-lead workshops on Saturday & Sunday. You volunteer to lead the workshop of your liking and we put it on the schedule! Workshops can include vocal and instrumental themes and styles, songwriting, performance techniques, dance, tie-dye, massage, crafts, kid's activities, sports, etc. Sign up to lead a workshop when you register!
- Kid's Open Stage - If entertaining is in your family’s blood, this is the opportunity to engage kids (up to age 18) to the thrill of performing in front of an audience! Totally supportive atmosphere for our next generation of performers!
- Adult's Open Stage - This is your opportunity to showcase your talents in front of an audience with professional audio engineers that work hard to make you sound even better! 15 - 18 performers are randomly pulled from the ballot box during dinner on Saturday to create the evening’s line-up, so be sure to add your name to the box early (but not often)!!
- Campfire Sings & Informal jamming - There are designated campfire areas where formal campfire sings can be arranged. Informal jamming spontaneously pops up in cabins, dining hall, gazebo(s) and even lakeside under the moon (moon willing)! Don't be shy! Feel free to politely join in if you hear something you like!
- Accommodations - Bunking is in communal cabins with adult-sized bathrooms. There are designated cabins for "Late Jammers," "Early Risers," and "Families." Want to bunk with friends? Each cabin holds about 10 to 20 people, so please take these limits into consideration. We do our best to align cabin requests, but we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
For questions or more details, please email the coordinators at email@example.com, or call the Society Office at 215-247-1300.